Work where extraordinary happens.
Hospitality Furniture Concepts employees are unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences bring value to the way they connect people with our furniture. So whether you’re analytical or creative, tech-savvy or a people person, our showroom provides an ideal opportunity to challenge yourself.
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
The people who we work with — they create the concepts that lead industries.
Looking for a sales job that combines your brilliant people skills with your enthusiasm for furniture? Hospitality Furniture Concepts is an environment like no other — uniquely focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. And we’re looking for incredible individuals to connect businesses to our amazing products.
Be at the heart of our reputation for extraordinary customer service. As a Business Development Specialist, you introduce people to the exciting world of Hospitality Furniture Concepts, turning curiosity into intense interest. You thrive on interactions with businesses as well as with team members. And you get great satisfaction from helping people develop lifelong relationships with Hospitality Furniture Concepts every day.
Who are you?
Your detailed focus is all about the client and the product. Knowing that the detail is of critical importance to the final product, you are intent on ensuring you unearth exactly what the client needs and leave no stone unturned in being able to deliver it. In doing this, you understand that the team around you need as much detail as possible to support you and you ensure you provide them with everything they need.
Relationships are key to the teams success! You are a people person at the core and able to pretty much talk to anyone – it’s what makes you good at what you do!
You are a team player through and through and understand that although your clients are critical to your success, your team supports you, ultimately contributing to the business success. You are conciliatory when assessing delivery possibilities and ensure everything is taken into account and the best solution for all is achieved. You are comfortable in communicating openly with your clients around deliverables and understand that client’s requirements need to be met – but that over-promising and under-delivering are the biggest of sins!
Clear, open and timely communication is the cornerstone of your method of operation. You believe that communication makes teamwork uncomplicated and that’s what you want to build with your partners.
You know when to rely on electronic means of communicating or when you should just pick up the phone. You honour and respect the agreed WIPs and associated documentation – and if for some reason you don’t, you openly engage others, discuss and assess alternatives and changes that provide everyone with the details they need.
You are very aware of those around you and their ways of working and happy to adapt and work with people rather than agains. In saying that, when you really don’t agree with something then you will speak your mind in a positive way to come up with a better solution. You aren’t shy about coming forward, but you have a diplomatic strength.
You understand that you are accountable for the teams budgets. You know that delivering to the expectations of the business is key on every level, including the additional responsibilities that will be asked of you. You are more than happy to contribute to the overall growth and development of the business through these additional responsibilities and enjoy the variety and opportunities this provides you.
You believe that work is not a dirty word for something that you love to do! You know that you are capable of getting in and getting it all done – even on those pressured days. You also know that you will ensure you are having fun while you’re doing it! We expect you to be able to join in the laughter and frivolity with us.
What do you need to do?
There are four key things we need you to deliver upon. Then there’s the detail of the job. Critically you must;
- Build strong client relationships through providing excellent client service
- Represent Hospitality Furniture Concepts in a manner that upholds our values and reputation
- Promote the Brands we represent
- Exceed sales budgets
- Demonstrated proficiency in furniture, materials, particularly HFC brands and international designers, and the ability to quickly learn about new products.
- Proven experience in sales and commercial furniture solutions, as well as in developing customer loyalty.
- You have a proven ability to connect with people, manage processes efficiently, and prioritise without sacrificing the customer experience.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, in person and on the phone.
- You can work effectively with business owners and executives across all organisational levels.
- Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences — no matter what the situation.
- You’re willing to learn and embrace the guidelines behind HFC’s unique style of service.
- You have strong people skills-you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic.
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Identifying clients and engage key decision makers within the Hospitality, Architecture and Design community and the wider net of industry players
- Answering and closing sales enquiries
- Working closely with estimating to ensure your projects are quoted correctly
- Develop pitches and presentations
- Maximize profitability of all orders through providing accurate information for all estimates and working with estimating, finalizing all information prior to final order and minimizing gaps in cost vs. invoicing of ancillary charges (freight, special additions etc.)
- Respecting & honouring WIP meetings and using to the benefit of all team members
- Regular communication with Warehousing and Imports Teams
- Keeping it real – being open, honest and authentic in everything you do
- Recording project, client and business details in our CRM
80% Sales and enquiries
20% Admin, reporting & forecasting
What you need to have
- Min 2 years sales experience in a design or furniture environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- High-level negotiation & resolution skills
- An eye for an opportunity
- Exceptional follow-up
- The desire to ‘get things done’ and willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’
- Computer literate
- A love of people & a flair for design
- A team mentality
- Microsoft Office knowledge, intermediate level
Candidates with AutoCad and Photoshop knowledge will be looked upon favourably